Sunday, June 27, 2010

Our Favorite Things

Ava loved the zoo. I knew she would because she loves animals. I think her favorite was seeing the seals swimming by. She squealed and pointed at them for probably 15 minutes.
Ashlyn's favorite thing to do at the zoo was to climb into niches and say "don't I look cute."

Alyssa's favorite thing at the zoo was the "park". If I was smaller, this would be my favorite thing, too.



Blaine had his tonsils taken out and his nasal passages operated on in May, so he got to be off work for two weeks on medical leave. He was in a lot of pain the whole time, but we did enjoy him being home. Then we got to go on travel with him to Albuquerque on his first day back to work. We hung out with the family of his coworker during the day. They have three girls and we brought our niece, Celeste, along with us to help and have fun. Needless to say the boys were out numbered. The first day we went to the zoo, and I think it's my favorite zoo. It has lots of shade, beautiful exhibits, and isn't too big for little children. We stayed for about 5 hours until it got to be about 100 degrees and we had seen everything we wanted to see. Then we cooled off in the hotel pool. The next day we went to the hot air balloon museum and the movies. Wednesday evening we all went to the Hinkley Family Fun center. Everyone had a wonderful time riding go carts, bumper boats, bumper cars and playing laser tag. Ava and I enjoyed watching them and taking pictures. Ava also enjoyed eating skittles. We had a great time. And then Blaine had to reenter the real world.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!! Reminds me of us when we were young!!

    ReplyDelete