Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Been A While, So What's Been Going On...

Ashlyn and Alyssa had their first dance show last week. They did a "Hawaiian Dolls" tap dance, and they were snow drops for their ballet. They did much better than I anticipated. They had rehearsals Monday night for 3 hours, Wednesday night dress rehearsal for 4 1/2 hours, and the show Thursday night. I was a backstage mom on Wednesday. We had the largest 3-5 year old class and they remembered their dance better than most of the classes. They wanted to do it all again, so I guess we will.
Ava finally started walking on her own Dec. 1st. She's known how to walk for a while, but she waited until she was really good at it before she put it in use. She's so proud of herself, walking all over the house and around the table, following after me and her sisters. She also can undecorate the tree in record time. She's happy to have a new mode of transportation.

Snow jumping. I didn't think it sounded fun, but Ashlyn and Alyssa sure loved it. This was Sunday afternoon after Thanksgiving. It snowed huge flake most of the day, but it was only about 33 degrees with no wind, so it wasn't too bitter outside.

Blaine surprised us on Nov. 21st by coming home from Walmart with this, a new trampoline. So of course we had to set it up that day. Is it a early Christmas present? I don't know.

Ava loves playing with baby dolls. It must be because she sees her sisters playing with them all the time. But she hasn't quite figured out where to feed the baby. Hopefully she doesn't try this on a real baby.





3 comments:

  1. I was wondering about that tramp. We saw it on your pictures that were just emailed out. So fun! The girls look so cute in their dance outfits. I can't wait till I have girls to do that, but for now I'll look forward to soccer and baseball and that stuff. Way to go Ava on the walking! I wish we could see her.

    Thanks for that blog. I had actually already found it. I love it! Their are just so many fun ones out there.

    We miss you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do those little girlies manage to get cuter and cuter? Ava's hair looks like it is getting a lot lighter. Can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin cute! Miss you guys lots. Kash just asked this morning if there was a discovery center here like the one we used to go to with the Bartons! Wish we had both! :)

    ReplyDelete